Saturday 26 April 2008

Day 14 Thursday 24th

Last full day and time for more swimming

Seaworld opened a new swimming park last month so we thought we should try it out.
What had really surprised me was, that you are allowed to take photos in the swimming parks. I don’t think that would be allowed in the UK. As I have recently bought an underwater housing for my camera, it was time to try it out.





First we tried Roa’s Rapids






Quite nice, infact the best thing there






Camera found this under water





The boys tried a slide, but found the queues were just too long to be bothered with any more slides.






Then we tried the inner tube river, far, far too short, but had a few good features






Including torture spots






Next the wave pool. I did not like this as all it did was make very choppy water. The one at Typhoon Lagoon which makes a very large wave every 90 seconds is far better






There was a bit of fooling around here






Some of the playground features looked good






I am just glad I was not standing under that bucket






Outside the park was this tree






With a strange fruit, about 6”, does anyone know what it is?

Update: thanks to Bronwyn in Australia I now know that it is a Screw Palm/Pine and that the fruit is not edible







Afterwards we went to Disney Quest, again, outside in the car park SS2 spotted this tour bus. We discovered that they were playing tonight and tomorrow night and the boys could have got tickets for tomorrow, poor boys, they will be on a plane then, never mind, perhaps another time.


I am now off to finish packing, we have to check out by 11am (4pm UK time) and be at the airport by 2pm. We should be home by 8am tomorrow morning UK time. I will try to take a few photos of the hotel etc before we leave.

4 comments:

Totty Teabag said...

I think that's a breadfruit tree, Eve.

Donna said...

Oh the water looks so inviting Eve. I am not a hot weather person, but I have to say the trade off to lounge in that clear water would be worth the heat. What a wonderful trip you all had.

Jeannie said...

No updates since you got back?????? What have you been up to Eve???

Donna said...

Yup ditto what Jeannie said!