Saturday 21 June 2008

I am not a hoarder, honestly ;o)



but I will forgive you for thinking so, when you see these photo's.


We have spent the day clearing out the loft. A very much needed job. Found a box full of stuff that haven't been touched since we moved here over 20 years ago!


What I wanted to find was my knitting wool. I knew I had some up there, I did!!!

Quite a bit! Much more than I remembered! Luckily Ben is away for the weekend with Scouts on an activity camp so I can use his bedroom to sort the stash. Main problem now is what to do with it all. Have to find a new home for some of the yarn I know I will never use. Does anyone know how to get in contact with people who knit for charity??


I kept thinking of things I could make with the yarns I found, but I have doubts that it will ever happen; I think I know my limitations by now.

Next sunday we are off to Greece for a week, just Dave and me. Hoping for a relaxing week, just like we had last year. Going to same Island and same town as last year, though this year we are staying at the hotel I wished we had stayed at last year. What is new for us is that I have not booked apackage, but just the hotel and the flight, seperately. We have no transport from the airport booked, but as we have been there before, we know how far it is to the hotel and will just get a taxi; we also know which way to go!

I plan to spend the week lying on a sunlounger next to the pool, crafting, and with a good book and a nice cool drink to hand.... sounds good???

2 comments:

Totty Teabag said...

Apprentice hoarder, maybe....most of my stash came out from England over twenty years ago, smuggled in shoes, mugs, glasses and best china with the complicity of the packers, and without Bossman's knowledge! I still have two bin bags full in the top of the wardrobe downstairs. I am slowly organising it into plastic boxes and building a dividing wall in the sewing room to hide stuff behind...

Jeannie said...

Oh my gosh - that is a lot of wool. I have some fluffy blue wool which was an absolute bargain on ebay but really I'm not going to use it so I think it is time for it to go back on ebay. Have a fab holiday - sounds fantastic. Love Jeannie